Wednesday, March 12, 2008

RPGs

Of the RPGs that I picked up, I have played less than half of them (so far!) I mostly looked at the modules as $8 novels. Nowadays that seems close to a normal price for a book but back then they were priced at about $2-$3 for a paperback novel.

D&D lead the way to the other TSR games – Top Secret, Gamma World (multiple versions), Boothill, Gangbusters, Marvel SuperHeroes, Dawn Patrol, Star Frontiers, Adventures of Indiana Jones, and Top Secret SI – plus all of their respective modules.
Those games led to Bushido, Villains & Vigilantes, Twilight 2000, Flashing Blades, Star Ace, Star Wars (West End), Chill (both versions), Valley of the Pharaohs, Crimefighters, James Bond 007, Vikings & Valkyrs and Bunnies & Burrows – plus most of their respective modules.
I have also picked up Big Eyes, Small Mouth; Autoduel; Fighting Fantasy; Pokemon Jr Adventure Game; Theatrix; World of Indiana Jones; and TWERPS but these were mostly just to pad out my list.

I have run D&D, V&V, MSH, and Adventures of Indiana Jones.
I have played several D & D solo modules but I don’t recall any actual games as a PC.
I have played Vikings & Valkyrs, The Palladium Role-Playing Game, James Bond 007, Paranoia, Toon, Chill, Star Wars, Top Secret, Star Wars, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Call of Cthulhu, and even a game or two of AD&D. Most of these were events at conventions. At one point, I even created an over-system that would allow characters to be transferred from system to system as well as a campaign story for the changes. I’ll try to dig out and post the blurb for – The Gates of Kessler.

Don’t think that I remembered all those games by memory alone. The following site was an invaluable help:
http://www.darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/encyclopedia/index.html

No comments: