Thursday, May 13, 2010

Iron Man 2

We saw Iron Man 2. I think it was easily as good as the first one. Iron Man, Whiplash, War Machine, Justin Hammer, and the Black Widow – what more could you want? I used to read Iron Man from about 100 – to up in the 200s. This movie (and the first one -Rhodes, Stane, Iron Monger, Fury, SHIELD) were everything I could want from the Iron Man franchise – drinking problems, inventing, armor-on-armor battles, corporate maneuvering.

Some people don't like this one as much as the first. Granted, the first Iron Man was really, really good - especially since it incorporated the origin pretty close to the original. I maintain that this one was as good.

The only downside - is that the son now wants me to build a Warmachine costume for him for Halloween. It's not as impossible as it seems. There's a lot of good pepakura files out there that could be scaled down. It would just be a lot of work - and I don't think our current computer is up to it. We'll have to see how he feels closer to the summer when I have a bit more time to work on these.

No comments: