Tuesday, February 19, 2008

KRONA rides again?

On the weekend, we watched the new pilot for Knight Rider. The characters seem okay, the car technology is a bit much – with the morphing car. The biggest change is that Val Kilmer not William Daniels is now doing the voice of KITT. It brought back a fair amount of good memories.

The first Keycon I went to was Keycon 3. Since this year would be Keycon 25, that means Keycon 3 would have been in 1986 – back when I was 17. I would have been in grade 12. (I hadn’t thought I was that old when I went to my first Keycon but the math holds out.) It was at the Ramada out by the University of Manitoba. I was only able to make it out there for the Saturday due to the bus schedules.


I had been into Car Wars and had been told by the nice people at Pendragon that they would be playing it out there. I mainly kept to myself, and did notice the signs posting the various suites and rules. The one that left an impression was that no vehicular weapons were allowed – except at the KRONA suite on the second floor where they were okay.

KRONA was an acronym for the Knight Riders of North America. They had a VCR going with episodes of Knight Rider running all day. That was where I first saw KARR – I wasn’t following the series that close back then.

No comments: