Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cthulhu mine!

I finally got my first big convention figure. I picked up the Heroclix Cthulhu from Max on Friday. It had been opened and the map has been laminated, but it looks very nice. They say that once you connect the wings you can’t take them off but I was able to without much trouble. This way he fits back in the box a bit better. I have to go back and get the rest of the cultist pogs that come with the set (24 seemed like so many).

They had a Wizkids convention weekend deal, where those of us who can’t get to the conventions can pick up some of the cool promo figures. I missed the Fooms for $100, but was able to get convention Thor, and Batman, as well as another convention map and another Vlad. He even threw in a few of the Pirates packs.

I also picked up a two of the Horrorclix Lab pack that he had on sale for $5 each. Out of the 8 figures, I got a Veteran Candy Striper and a Unique Mi-Go that I needed. Since the Avatar of Cthulhu was the last Unique I got from the basic set, I was very happy to see the Mi-Go from this one. Especially since he consistently seems to be going for the upper teens to low twenties on ebay.

No comments: