Tuesday, June 26, 2007

on the floor

Pulled out the Battle Masters set this weekend and tried to teach the kids. They weren't as keen on it as I thought they would have been - it's got cool figures and a huge map. But the wife and I did manage to play the first three games of the campaign.

We watched the end of Them. It definitely holds up much better than a 50 year old science fiction film should. The pseudo-science doesn't grate as much as some newer films and the ants aren't too hokey. I enjoyed it and will be watching it again sometime with a view of making a wargame out of it. When I find time.

For those who followed Jericho, it has been brought back from the brink. It had been cancelled but is being given another half season to see what they can do with it. The "nuts" campaign seems to have worked. It was one of the ones we enjoyed and it brought back memories of Twilight 2000. It makes me want to dig out The Last Battle and see if we couldn't do a Jericho scenario. I'll add it to my list should I come across a mess of spare time.

I started some paper aircraft to see how they look in 1/72 scale. I'm getting into Canvas Eagles/Blue Max a bit. It's a WWI aircraft battle game. In some shots, they use the Battle Master maps as upsized boards - good thing I bought 4 sets back when they went on sale. Depending on the feasibility, I'll modify for Crimson Skies. This is moved near top of my list.

David

No comments: