Friday, June 15, 2007

237

On one of the sites I hang out at, the passing of Mr Wizard came up and how with Mr Rogers gone, except for Bill Nye, there really isn't anyone to replace him for the kids.
See, I grew up in Canada. I have only vague memories of Mr Wizard and I never really watched Bill Nye. Who I do remember is Julius Sumner Miller - the professor from the Hilarious House of Frightenstein. He has also left us, but can be found on you tube and some reruns.

On a side note, even with my showing in the ice cream eating contest at work, where I finished 6 frozen dixie cups in 3 minutes, (I was on a pace for 5 minutes but they decided to shorten it after about 2 minutes) I am still down to 237 lbs. It makes me think the 247 was an aberration but we'll see how that survives the Red River Ex this weekend.

David

1 comment:

JP said...

"The Professor has a theory, about a silly thing
It’s all about the hummingbird and why he doesn’t sing
He says, “Now take the budgey bird, you wouldn’t call him dumb
His song is pretty as can be, you’ll never catch him mum
But it is very different with those stupid hummingbirds
The reason for their humming is, they just don’t know the words!”

-Vincent Price