Friday, June 29, 2007

another year older

My birthday was nice and quiet. I had the day off so I spent it driving around with my daughter looking for 1:72 WW1 models to use for Canvas Eagles.
We went to Cellar Dweller to get the summer issue of Robot and check out the models.
Then we went to a cowboy boot place to see if they had a girth belt I could use for Boba's belt - no luck there, and it caused my daughter quite some trauma that we didn't buy her cowboy boots.

From there we picked up my birthday cake at Jeannes. Mmmm - always love Jeannes cake.

We popped into the Western Canada Airport Museum. They had nothing in 1:72 scale but did have a nice set of planes by NewRay in 1:48 at $10 each. I'll keep it in mind if I can't find anything better.
Michael's had a few models but all in WW2. That was all we had time for that day.
We went to Pizza Hut for supper. Mmmm - pan pizza.

For gifts, I got some movies - Catwoman, and the January Man, some Horrorclix and Heroclix boosters, and the Connor MacLeod vs Kurgan figure set that made it to the top of my list ever since I found it while searching around on ebay. I got a Giant Amoeba and, to my surpise, one of the Origins chase figures - the Wizard Shazam! A very nice haul indeed.

Yesterday, I shopped around a bit more before work. Walmart had the NewRay planes for $5 - but they only had the WW2 ones. Toys R Us was fruitless, and Gooches had none of the WW1 planes but could order some in.

I also found out about a place that might be able to help, Spare Time Hobbies, out near Kildonan Place. Their web site makes them seem like they should be useful. I'll try and check them out tonight.

David

No comments: