Saturday, June 30, 2007

knights of the air

I was able to pop into Spare Time Hobbies. They were very helpful and have been there for about 3 years. I managed to pick up a Revel SPAD XIII and Nieuport 17c, an ERTL French SPAD XIII, an Airfix SPAD VII, and a Warbirds vacuform Junkers D.1. With the paper Fokker Dr 1, Fokker DVIII, and Albatros I found on the web, we should have enough planes to start. So, I will definitely be able to try out the Canvas Eagles rules - once I build these up and assemble the stands.

I just missed out on a Tamiya 1/48 Panther G at a great price. At least now I know it is the right kit I need for a scratchbuilt Jedi Training Remote. He will see if he can get another one in for me.

Gooch's is able to get a few more of the Revel 1:72s in at a decent price. Spare Time is also checking. I'll see what I can get. I'm busy reading through a pile of WWI aviation books from the library right now.

2 comments:

JP said...

I got 4 of the NewRay the last time we went to Minneapolis. They are quite nice, and being pre-painted, to a reasonable high quality, seriously cut down on assemblage.

David said...

I might still go that way - but couldn't justify $50 for 4 planes to start.
I got 5 of the models for about $26, plus have the paper models that only cost ink and time. The storage factor is smaller by almost a factor of 4.

The NewRays look very pretty though. If I can find them cheaper in the states, I may still snap up a bunch.
If the game is as playable as it seems.

David