Friday, June 22, 2007

drop a dime

Last night the kids and I started watching Them. I had never seen it before but I think it still holds up fairly well (I'll tell you my take on the Exorcist someday). We only got to the part with the ants on the ship when we had to stop so I still have to see how it ends, but I'm still impressed with the story so far.

The pay phone rates here are went up from $0.25 to $0.50. The reporters are trying to get the people up in arms but I believe most of us knew it was coming at some point. I'm not old enough to really remember making phone calls for a dime but I do remember that, back in the early eighties, you could make a phone call, play a video game, or ride a bus (student fare) for a quarter.
The bus is now well over a $1.50 for students, most video games (if you can even find them) are $0.50 or 2-3 for $1, yet the pay phones were still a quarter. I think most people knew it was time.

David

No comments: