Friday, September 24, 2010

View-master

My mom brought over the old view-masters we used to have when we young. Since they have been fair game for the kids for the last two decades, they are in somewhat rough shape. They are the old red and white square models.

We had mentioned that Shan liked the old travelogue reels. We didn’t have any of those but we had a bunch of the old cartoon ones. My uncle Pete used to have one of the brown viewer and he had a bunch of the travelogues. We used to look at them when we would visit as kids.

I’m going to have to see if I can fix them. Besides the old-school 3D memories involved, they are also useful as props. A red model goes with the Tick props. It would look nice sitting next to a little wooden boy. I have to find out which reel he uses.

I also picked up a newer rounder model at Value Village. The kids can use it for now – but I’ll probably end up using it for the eyes on a Joe Crow from Mystery Science Theatre.

No comments: