Friday, June 4, 2010

funny thing - memory

Two weeks ago, when we were doing the stones and dirt D3 was a great help on the Friday. We moved about half of the dirt and a bit of the stones using shovels and a bucket.

On the Saturday, we had borrowed my dad’s wheelbarrow but he didn’t want to help as much so I let him mow the lawn instead. When he tired of that I put him back to work on the piles while I mowed the front lawn. He was sullen but I told that him that “when I think back on this day, I’ll remember us all as being happy and singing.” He wasn’t impressed with that. When Shan repeated it to him he threw his hat down and said, “I don’t want you to remember me as being happy” to which Shan replied, “but you were, you were so happy that you threw your hat up in the air.”

He was not impressed. But at least he did keep helping.

No comments: