Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How many Daleks do you need?

I dunno. How many Daleks are there?



I’m on a list for the Dr Who Miniatures game. They had mentioned that the Doctor Who Adventures magazine had plastic Dalek figures coming. The magazine is targeted towards kids and usually has a neat add-in each issue.

I checked around and was unable to get it locally but was able to get someone over there to buy them for me and send them over. The issue came with 17 of the new Daleks in fabulous technicolor! There were 5 red, 5 blue, 5 orange, 1 yellow and 1 white. The following issue came out with a pack of 8 Cybermen and 8 Judoon. While these weren’t as nice as the Daleks, they’ll do nicely to bulk out the forces in a game. So I got three of the Dalek issues and two of the Cyberman/Judoon issues.

Of course, they’ll need a touch of paint to complete them, but even without they look pretty nice. They’ll look nice with the old Citadel Dalek/Cyberman boxed set I have from decades ago.

What am I going to do with 51+ Daleks and 16+ Cybermen? I’ll probably paint up one as a stone Dalek and a few as the Ironsides Daleks. I may even be able to run the War of the Daleks from the Salute site.
The rest? Someone on the list suggested that they could easily be used as a Necron force in 40K. Now that really gets the mind churning. It’s definitely being added as a project.

No comments: