Tuesday, October 16, 2007

costume update - good shape?

The weekend was beautiful so we finally were able to pack down the pool. We barbequed up some burgers for dinner on Sunday and set up some of the basic Halloween yard decorations – the leaf pumpkins and yard spiders. I also did some touch up work on the face on our tree as it was getting a bit soft in a few spots. My can of mistint paint that I use as my base color started to rust solid so I won’t be able to touch up for too much longer without a complete repaint.
In the hands, there are small holes as if a bird had pecked into the tree limbs. These have been patched and need to be painted and covered with urethane. They’ve downgraded the forecast for this week – it was supposed to be nice all week and now they are saying rain. So I can’t really leave it for the weekend again.

G wants to go as the new cartoon Batgirl. This shouldn’t be a major problem as we found a pattern that should work with minor alterations and we picked up fabric. Mom is sewing this and dad is making some boot covers out of vinyl. We picked up some purple gloves that will need some minor sewing and some yellow plastic plates for her belt. She wants this done for Boo-at-the-Zoo so we’re in not too bad a shape for the parts I have to do. The bulk of it is out of my hands though.

D3 wants to go as Boba Fett. I’m working away at his costume. If I had more time, I would sew a proper jumpsuit, as we finally found a pattern. Instead, we picked up some pants and a shirt at Value Village that we can alter. (We will use the pattern later for an upgrade and for sewing newer Ghostbuster jumpsuits.) The helmet details are coming along nicely – I have to remember to finish up in time to paint. I am ready starting on the gauntlets and will do the backpack this weekend. He wants to go to Boo-at-the-Zoo in a different costume so I have a bit more time on his.

No comments: