Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Windows 8 - not a fan

With the new year I was finally able to convince the wife to get a laptop of her own. Since she was having issues doing what she wanted on the old laptop and we kept swapping it back and forth (to update our Castleville accounts) a new laptop would start her fresh – and free up the old laptop for me to use.

Because her laptop is new, it comes with Windows 8. My first impression of it is that I don’t like it. It’s app based – like a smart phone or ipod – both of which I am not comfortable with. With some help from the web, I was able to load Diablo 3 on it for her. Now I just have to load Office and she will be set.

Then I have to try and figure out how to get flash working on her tablet so that she can play Castleville away from home.

No comments: