Thursday, May 14, 2009

Magog Unleashed no more

I finally got a Magog to complete my Heroclix Unleashed set. This one was a long time coming. Unleashed was one of the last sets that I got when I was still buying cases. I didn’t get any of the Universe set and only a few of Ultimates and Mutant Mayhem. By the time Legacy came out, I was no longer buying Heroclix.

I stopped judging around that time. The addition of the cards – Feats and Battlefield Conditions didn’t really appeal to me. I felt it made the game much more complex than it needed to be. I didn’t mind the Bystanders though – they were similar to the figures from Crimson Skies. The objects were also okay.

I didn’t get back into Heroclix until I ran across Icons on sale while in the States. Since it was a smaller set, I picked up some. I then got into it again starting with Supernova and carrying through the Heralds of Galactus and Slaves of Starro events. I tend to skip buying DC in bricks though – I didn’t get many Arkham or Crisis.

Since the future of Heroclix itself is still in flux, I’m whittling away at my need list. I’ve also got a case of Horrorclix Nightmares supposedly making it’s happy way to me.
With catching up on my Heroclix figures, I’ll still have a few Horrorclix (notably the Freakshow set) and Starship Troopers figures to get, but both of those are finite lists.

No comments: