Friday, October 17, 2008

Zombie makeup test

My daughter is right into Halloween and costuming. I expect it will cause us much stress in a half decade or so, but right now it’s cute. This summer, when she still wanted to be a zombie, we did a makeup test.


I’ve accumulated quite a bit of makeup over the years at after-Halloween sales and she had seen it earlier when we had sifted the closet. She had been pushing to use the makeup for a while so I finally dug it out to check what we had. Plus, I had just finished reading the Cthulhu Live books and they gave a zombie makeup recipe that I wanted to test.

The first thing we did was comb her hair back and cover her face in a basic white color to give her that pale look.


We added black around the eyes and in the smile creases.


We blended this in with a sponge and then added some red gore.


We then wet down her hair as we didn't have gel.

She’s quite the ham.

No comments: