Friday, August 10, 2007

quick weekly update

Another great pull at the Heroclix tourney on Wednesday. I got two super rares – the Colonel and the Hulk. I was going to play Terrax again but couldn’t pass up a chance to play the Hulk. I lost the first round so I switched to Terrax and the Scarlet Witch for the next two rounds to get a feel for how he plays for the final. I won my second game (against Perry) but finally lost in the third game to a Silver Surfer, Scarlet Witch, and 2 pogs. Nasty Jimmy Woo caused a solid 3 points to Terrax. I ended up getting stuck on a frenzy click vs the Surfer’s hypersonic and couldn’t recover.
I might still play him on the final. It all depends on my draw that day.

I had picked up some nice bases for the planes for Canvas Eagles. I hope to have at least 6 to 8 done for Sept. People could always try some print out more on their own from this site:
http://digilander.libero.it/zioprudenzio/fok-air.html
He has an Albatros model in 1:72, the Fokker Dr1 and D7 need to be scaled down. Someone with more photoshop skills than I can mod the ships before printing.

I read the Deadly Hallows over the long weekend. It tied up a bunch of story lines. Per my previous rant – 2 semi-major characters die, and a lot of minor characters don’t make it as well.

David

No comments: