Monday, August 13, 2007

Godzilla vs MST

Two weeks ago we saw Sunshine. As a hard science fiction film is was pretty good. Avoid the actual website though if you don’t want to know who dies. There was a bit of a logic jump near the last third that didn’t click for me and made the endgame pretty odd. But in discussing it afterwards I worked it out so it’s all good then.

Last week we saw the Bourne Ultimatum. It was a fun spy action film. The only downsides were some of the jerky camera work and a throwaway line. There is a static scene with two people talking and the camera is twitching and jerking around as if the cameraman is hyped up on espressos.

I mention these as I’ve finally seen one of the Mystery Science Theatre programs. We saw Godzilla vs Megalon. I had seen this in my youth at the Hyland theatre. I remember it as being much better. Or at least less bad. It was very bad. The MST crew really helped watching this one.
I remember seeing a few Godzilla films at the Hyland. Godzilla vs the Smog Monster for sure. We used to sit in the front row right over on the left side and look way up at the creatures. Good memories.

1 comment:

Anactoria said...

This is the first I've heard of Sunshine! It looks really neat, I'm definitely going to check it out! :)