Saturday, May 26, 2007

It always rains on composter day

Raining again today. We picked up another Earth Machine. Every year, around this time, the city cuts a deal with the company to sell them for $25 - supposedly they have an otherwise retail value of $85 - not that I've ever seen them on sale any other time. We had bought one about 5 years ago - after we had moved here from our old place. There we had two wooden boxes - one for leaves and one for compost. The one for leaves is holding up well but the other wooden composter is going to be replaced by the new plastic one. We also picked up an aerator and a kitchen pail. I was turning them sporadically before with an old pitchfork but, now that we have two, figured we splurge for the aerator.

Friday I had gotten a Reaper of Souls in the mail. I had bought one before from ebay - but the seller flaked. Now the only unique left from the first set that I am missing is the Avatar of Cthulhu.

I had taken the car in on Thursday to get the muffler fixed. It needed the tailpipe and the exhaust pipe as well. A little over $300 when all done but that's one less problem with it now. I had finished reading the Survivor book by Mark Burnett - we've followed each season since the beginning so it was kind of neat to hear some of the back story. It was a quick read but could have used a few labels on some of the pictures as it has been a while and not all the Survivors were familiar.

I also finished the Planet Simpson book as well. It was interesting but not nearly as quick a read. We took them back to the library. I had to drop them through the slot as our library had moved to summer hours - where they are no longer open on Saturdays as well as being closed on Sundays.

Yesterday I was able to put a good couple of hours work on the room. I didn't get nearly as deep as I had hoped for my break, but was able to sift a few things around and clear up significant portion of the working area. Today, I'm going to try and get into the closet (filled with model kits) and see if I can sort then down a bit better.

David

No comments: