Wednesday, May 23, 2007

247

The kids and I had a doctor's appointment yesterday - nothing special, just an ordinary check up. We're all doing basically well.

The surprise for me was that my weight has gone up to 247 lbs in the last few months. I know I was about 230 sometime after Christmas. Now, I'm just shy of 6'2", so it doesn't look as heavy on me as it might, but it's certainly there around the middle. It's definately something I'm going to have to work steadily at to bring back down to a more manageable level.

In high school, I was a constant 150 for several years thanks mainly to being relatively active and somewhat hyperthyroidial. This was also my formative years for my eating habits, unfortunately. After having radiaoactive iodine treatments for my thyroid, my weight rocked back and forth between 150 and 200 before settling in at a solid 180.

After a few years of marriage, I wanted to se if I could get up to 200 pounds. So, with a little increase in portion size I was able to get over 200 - up to 220 in fact. I've been between 220 and 230 for a couple of years now, and was thinking about trying to work it down to 200 or so. The 247 was a bit of a shock though.

I had already picked up a skipping rope a few weeks ago and have started trying to get the coordination for that up but the near constant raining this week has put a bit of a damper on some of my plans. I'll definately have to see about doing some more serious walking like I used to back in the day.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: