Friday, July 17, 2015

codex update

With ebay and the local Games Workshop, I now have all the regular 6th edition codices except Chaos Daemons, which is the next one on my list to get. I am still missing all of the supplements from that edition – Farsight Enclaves (Tau), Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter (Chaos Space Marines), Sentinels of Terra and Clan Raukaan (Space Marines), and Militarium Tempestus (Astra Militarium). The only one of the supplements I am really looking at getting is the Tempestus book if I can find it for a decent price.

Of the current 7th edition, I am still missing the Dark Eldar, Blood Angels, Khorne Daemonkin, (Eldar) Craftworlds, the updated Imperial Knights, as well as the Space Marine and Dark Angels. Higher on my list are the Space Marine and Craftworld books and lower are Khorne and the new Knights. I’ll eventually get Dark Eldar, and the Angels just to fill the gaps.

The Space Marine and Dark Angels have a new cover design. Usually this means that a new edition is coming out shortly although they didn’t change the design with the change from 6th to 7th. But with only a 2 year gap between those editions they really didn’t have a lot of time. It does mean that, out of the 17 full codices, 13 have been for the 7th edition. It also means that, out of the 17 current codices I have 9 of the them. I also have the Harlequin book – but I’m counting that as a supplement rather than a full codex.

No comments: