Tuesday, March 31, 2015

New games - show and save coupons

The Show & Save books usually have a coupon for 20% purchases for a local game store - GameKnight. The last book expires today so it’s a good excuse to pop in and pick up some games. I was looking for Scoville, the Squid expansion for Survive! and the wife wanted me to pick up the 10th Anniversary edition of Ticket to Ride. I wasn’t able to get any of these. They didn’t have the first two and the box on the only copy of Ticket to Ride 10Ed was dished on the bottom – am if I’m going to be paying over $100 for a game it had either be super rare or in great condition.

I looked at getting the regular edition of Ticket to Ride with the 1910 expansion but didn’t as there would be no point in buying it and then upgrading to the anniversary edition. I almost got the Ticket to Ride Europe and the 1912 expansion but decide against it for now. It took some time to make this decision while I walked around looking at the other games as I knew she wanted the trains in the special edition but also wanted the game.

Instead I picked up the second edition of Cash ‘n’ Guns, and Axis & Allies:D-Day. The Cash ‘n’ Guns had always looked neat and the second edition can play up to 8 players. It also has black foam guns with orange tips instead of orange guns. It may not be for everyone but it seems like it would be a good fit for our group.
I was never a huge fan of Axis & Allies but I like the looks of the smaller sets – D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, and Guadal Canal. They can also play well with less people.

No comments: