Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Heroclix etc overview

While I did pick up a few Heroclix last year, and picked up a brick of two of the three sets released – Brave and the Bold and Web of Spider-Man, I haven’t yet picked up a brick of DC 75. I do like the DC characters – it just seems that if I pass on a brick, it seems to be a DC one. I did also pick up the Watchmen set – also a DC.

I finished no Heroclix sets. I’m a bit closer but basically where I was last year – even a bit behind due to the new sets.

I’m still close on Ultimates (6+7), Mutant Mayhem (3+9), Legacy (6+11), Fantastic Forces (0+2), Armor Wars (11+1), Collateral Damage (8+1), Supernova (9+0), Avengers (0/3), Justice League (0/3), Mutations & Monsters (1/5), Crisis (0/11), Secret Invasion (2/6), Arkham Asylum (0/6), Hammer of Thor (3/8), Brave and Bold (8/7), and Web of Spider-Man (9/11). I’m still working away at Sinister (18+3) and Origin (23+0). I’m still deciding if I’ll pick up a brick of the last set otherwise I have DC 75 (33/11).
Right now, I need 245 figures – 140 REVs and 105 U/SRs. This is over the 200 figures I was hoping to stay under and for the first time since 2008 I am over 100 Uniques/Super Rares. A brick would have brought both of these closer.
I didn’t manage to pick up any more big figures, but have Dr Manhattan on order for spring. I am not sure how many sets are coming out this year. I hope to keep up with the sets, ending the year back under 200 figures and getting the Uniques/Super Rares back under 100 figures. I’m still hoping to get the Spectre, one of the Fooms and maybe a Phoenix as well as at least one Manhattan.
On Horrorclix, I finally got the last regular figure I needed to come my basic sets. I only need 1 LE and would like another map from the Cthulhu set. I easily achieved my goal there and would like to finish these off and put them behind me.

Where did I spend my money instead of Heroclix? I added a few more sets to the Starship Troopers miniature, finished the first two sets of Monsterpocalypse, and am now down to only 1 extra figure on Star Wars Miniature Battles. I also got back into 40K, picking up 33 codices including the Sisters of Battle rules from the second edition. I also got Armageddon, Cityfight, and Eye of Terror from third edition. Also, I bought a lot of bits – both a horde of Orks and started getting my Tyranids back up to a viable level.

I hope to get more Tyranids, and more codices – being caught up on the rest of the fourth editions I am missing. I also plan to get the Babylon 5 Call to Arms books and some of the Starship Troopers RPG books I am missing. I want to get that final ARC-170 from the Star Wars Miniature Battles figure as well as the Power of the Force Luke’s Snowspeeder. I might even get a bunch of Snowtroopers and Hoth Troopers. I also want to get the All Your Base set from Monsterpocalypse and maybe even a few more of Monsterpocalypse Now. I’m definitely picking up the Voltron set.
As well, I am thinking about picking up the FASA rules and books to Crimson Skies. While these will cut into my budget, I still hope to peg away at the older Heroclix sets and maybe even grab a few more big figures – especially if I have a game room to display them.

No comments: