Thursday, September 17, 2009

Space Hulk - you're going on the list!

So, my son and I went to the local Games Workshop store on Saturday to check out the new Space Hulk. Some of the pictures of the figures I had seen looked a bit goofy so I wanted to check it out in person.

It’s pretty.

The tiles and counters are very thick – perhaps a bit too thick for the counters. They had some of the genestealers painted up and they looked a lot better in person than the photos I had seen. The marines also looked pretty good.

The price is a bit much though. It lists at $90 US and it was $118 at the store. Even with a bad exchange, that’s crazy high. With taxes that’s over $130. The wife says we might see it in the states which would make it worthwhile to pick up.

I have added it to my list. Ahead of it is the new 40K set, and the Battle of Five Armies. It does come before Apocalypse and the new Warhammer set though. Our friends at Great Canadian Miniatures have it on sale so I’ll probably end up getting it from them. With it being a limited release, I’ll have to see if I can get it before they run out. If I can’t, I’m okay with it though.

It is bugging me that a lot of people are buying the set just for the figures and flipping the rest on ebay. I wouldn’t be so annoyed if it wasn’t for the limited release part.

No comments: