Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I got a building to sell you - cheap

D3 and I have played a few games now of Monsterpocalypse. We got a bunch of buildings and units as well as more monsters. It seems like a fun enough game. I’m getting some good deals on the first two sets from Galaxy (he overbought ICNY a bit). I’m not really chasing the Mega figures or even all the factions so I’ve done not too bad with the collections. I am going to have to go to the secondary market to fill in some gaps from these first two sets though.
It’s not quite Godzilla, but the factions cover most of the genres and it does play pretty well once you can wrap your head around the unit pool and the monster pool. Plus the maps and figures are very pretty.

I recommend it to anyone who’s a fan of the giant monster / giant robot genre. It even has Cthulhu! If you’re looking for Rise starters, or boosters from I Chomp New York – swing by Galaxy and mention to Jeremy that David sent you – he said that he’d give you a pretty good deal. (At least while he’s swimming in overstock – I can’t guarantee how long that will last).

No comments: