Thursday, August 21, 2008

vital Idol

When we were at Sir Tim’s social, we had won the door prize – tickets to see Def Leppard. We’re not really big fans but the opening act was Styx so we thought it might be fun to go see them. The tour got delayed due to illness and the added a date at the end of the Canadian tour but Styx wasn’t able to make it. Instead they had Billy Idol step in as the opening act.

Shan’s a big punk fan so we were really looking forward to this. We had supper next door at the Tavern United – very nice wings. Shan didn’t like the chips but I thought they were fine.
They did a pat down at the doors to the MTS Centre. They didn’t check the small of my back and even though they bumped my camera in my jacket, they didn’t look at it. We felt soo safe. Maybe I just don’t look dangerous anymore.

For a 52 year old, Billy still is full of energy. His part of the concert was great. He’s still in pretty good shape. He played for just over an hour and covered all his big hits.
Def Leppard was good too. I recognized about half their songs and Shan actually recalled one. We cut out a bit after 10 and they played on to about 11.

All in all – a great night.

No comments: