Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fly the Crimson Skies

I never did get into the old xbox game or even the old FASA board game. I do remember seeing the big board at Gencon with the planes flying through the city – it looked cool but I never had a chance to try it.

When Wizkids re-released the game as part of their clix lines, I became an envoy for that as well. I ran both the tournaments and tried to push the game as much as I could but it faded. I picked up all the sets when they came out and extras when Gord was clearing house of them. I keep trying to expose it to my friends and those that play do like it.
I’m still toying with upsizing it and have recently gotten back into the mythos.

The website with all the backstory had fallen off the web – but a mirror now seems to be back up:
http://firedrake.org/roger/csarchive/index.htm

It’s another alternate history that holds together well politically and game-wise. It seems like they really put quite a bit of thought into the ramifications and how they would affect people, politics, companies, and technology. It’s all fluff behind the actual game, but it’s nicely done.

No comments: