Friday, November 9, 2007

I love my wife

Today is our 11th anniversary. We have a bit of a flu or cold going through the household, so the wife ended up staying home. I, of course, am well enough to go in to work. Having Monday and Tuesday off is enough incentive for me to make it in today.

We picked up the second season of How I Met Your Mother for our anniversary. “Suit up!” I was thinking back to when we were going out and some quotes from the movies we saw back then. We have a similar, broad taste is movies and a similar comedic sense that’s a little bit off.

“Head! Pants!”and “We’ve got a piper down.” from So I Married An Axe Murderer with Mike Myers and Nancy Travis. It’s very charming and sweet, as well as wickedly funny.

“Yeah, well you’ve got a Captain Hook complex” from One Fine Day with George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer, in response to being told that he has a Peter Pan complex.

“Just trying to find our song” from Speechless with Michael Keaton and Geena Davis.

I wasn’t so impressed with Bullets Over Broadway with John Cusack (I’m sure I was tired) but we later loved Gross Point Blank – “No meetings!”

She was good with Highlander but, for some reason (again I blame lack of sleep), she showed me Nightmare Before Christmas and I didn’t appreciate it the first time I saw it. Despite this, she still married me and both us and our kids love Nightmare.
She also reintroduced me into watching the x-files by showing some of the more comedic episodes. The two episodes I had caught from the first two seasons were both spaceship ones – chasing through the woods so I hadn’t been watching.

Once again I marvel at how lucky I am to have someone with which to share such a large part of my life interests. She’s my schmoopy, my lobster, my Lady Red.

No comments: