Sunday, August 11, 2019

Lunar Lander assemply started


I got a good start to the assembly on the Lunar Lander when I had time on the weekend of the anniversary of the Moon Landing. I put together the main parts of the upper and lower assemblies. I painted parts of it as I went – especially around where the clear pieces would go. The clear pieces were glued in with white glue to prevent crazing.

I got the basic structure of the upper module done as well as the bottom half. I had knocked over the liquid glue and had to go out and get more, as well as getting some copper paint.


I put the base together but the seam is still rather noticeable from certain angles. I may have to fix that.

While working on the lander, I watched a bunch of the Apollo 11 shows on CNN and NASA. I would occasionally pause the program and take a photo of the screen if there was a good picture for reference.

No comments: