Sunday, June 2, 2019

Figure Painting Total - May 2019

I finally finished a figure! It was for my wife, for her birthday. Back when we were still dating, on the way to GenCon, we had picked up an X-Men Alert game. I had told her I would paint the figures for her. I painted up the rest of the figures in the set over twenty years ago but never got around to finishing the Cable figure.
We were never big fans of Cable, who had gone through a few costumes over the years. The costume on his card is his silver outfit and different than the costume on the figure. The internet hasn’t been much help either. I didn’t want to dig through all the back issues to find out the colors for this particular outfit.
Finally, I recently checked on BoardGameGeek, and two people had posted their versions of the outfit. Using a combination of the two, I was able to make a passable attempt at finishing him. It’s not my best job ever, but it’s not really a figure either of us care about and will probably never use.
So this now completes that game. It also puts the first figure in the painted column. Now I can work away at other figures without this one hanging over me.

Painted
X-Men Alert: Cable – 1

May figures bought – 0, figures painted – 1

Running total 2019 – figures bought 117, figures painted 1

No comments: