Thursday, July 5, 2018

New new Age of Sigmar

The last two sets of Warhammer were placeholder sets for me. The 7th edition Dwarves vs Goblins starter is still on sprues and I haven’t even opened the 8th edition Elves vs Skaven starter yet. Even though, as an undead player, Nagash was a big character for me I didn’t get the End Times books either.

When they went to Age of Sigmar, it was a clean break for me, and I didn’t pick up anything from it. I’m not a big fan of the new names, and I think the Stormcast Eternals look too much like Space Marines. I’m not even tempted by the new sea elves. Two years in, they are doing a second edition.
The new starter set includes Night Haunts which look very pretty. It’s very tempting.

I do have to say that, in packing away some of the older sets, I saw the starters again. As well, I recently went through some older figures that I was in the process of painting and saw that I have 10 halfling archers, a hot pot artillery set, 20 dwarf slayers, 10 dwarf crossbowmen, 10 dwarf hammerers, as well as some vampires and necromancers, ghouls, and zombies all in various states of base coats. Since the Empire and the Bretonians didn’t really make the jump from the old world, and I’m not a huge fan of the new fire dwarves, I’m not sure how quick I am to finish them.

No comments: