Friday, May 25, 2018

A bit of a shakeup

My wife has had a bit of a shakeup at work. She will be ‘retiring’ at the end of October as they are closing her department. She was thinking about retiring in a few years but that would have been on her timeline. Any changes to her plans always throws her a bit off, but she is coming to terms with it. We should end up being okay.

This will have two direct gaming-related impacts on me. First, she will be home and prone to cleaning through my stuff. I keep putting off doing a good sift and will need to make that a higher priority. Secondly, the storage locker becomes even more of a hot button than it currently is. We are hanging on to a lot of stuff. Some of it was stored in haste and we really need time to go through it properly again and repackage it and decide if really does need to be kept. I had done a bit of a sift a while ago, and we repackaged the 11 bins of models model kits into 6 boxes.

I have been meaning to go through a bunch of the games and maybe passing them along. Especially with the games that I had picked up when it seemed like we were getting an expansion on the house. A lot of those I am not particularly attached to and could let go. It’s also time to take another look at the books and comics. This was all stuff that we were going to do anyways.

This just puts more of an impetus on this.

No comments: