Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Batman Miniature Game second edition announced

Knight Models has announced a second edition of the Batman Miniature game to be released in September. As well, they have announced that they will be moving to colored resin figures. The older metal figures are still supposed to be compatible, as would the Flash/Arrow expansion and Arkham Knights campaign books.

A lot of the metal figures have been moved into their Legends area, which means that they don’t make them as often and will become harder to get.

Since I haven’t gotten too deep into getting the gangs, I’m okay with this. I was waiting to get the Arkham Knights Campaign book to see if there was any figures/affiliations to focus on first. I will get the figures that work for both the BMG and DCU. Now that they have made convenient sets to collect them. A lot of the gangs did not appeal to me.

With the new edition, they are changing some of the affiliations of the crewss that are in the system. They have joined the Batman/Green Arrow/Law Forces into the Brave and the Bold. They have done away with the Wonderland Gang affiliation – which only had 4 figures anyways. They have changed the Poison Ivy crew to Gotham Sirens. I already had Suicide Squad and Joker squads, thanks to the boxed set, and the entire Watchmen set. I was interested in getting more figures to round out the Batman/Green Arrow before. I was interested in the Law Forces and the Bane crew, and was thinking about the Poison Ivy, and Organized Crime crews. Because they were smaller sets, I was also thinking about the Court of Owls, Wonderland Gang, and even the League of Shadows.

Since the resin is supposed to be cheaper than the metals, even though I prefer working with metals, I’m cautiously okay with this as well. It really depends on the quality of the resins. Unfortunately, they are not quite a big enough company yet to be able to afford plastic figures, which I like best.

They are also changing from Metric to Imperial measurements. This doesn’t affect me either way. I still find myself thinking in inches by default, but metric is so much easier to do calculations.

They are changing the design of the cards again. But they had already done this a few times. The Watchmen cards don't match the current style and the new format is different again. But they have been really good about having the updated stat cards on their website.

No comments: