Friday, January 29, 2016

Heroclix overview 2015

After a few years of trying only to keep up with the Fast Forces/Starters and some of the smaller sets, I actually was able to complete some more old sets - Fantastic Forces, Collateral Damage, and Avengers. I also completed the Pacific Rim and KA2 gravity feed sets.

I’ve picked up a few figures and am now close on Ultimates (3+4), Mutant Mayhem (3+5), Legacy (3+5), Armor Wars (10+0), Sinister (7+1), Supernova (6+0), Origin (9+0), Mutations & Monsters (1/5), Crisis (0/9), Secret Invasion (0/2), Arkham Asylum (0/5), Hammer of Thor (3/8), Brave and Bold (8/7) and Batman Classic TV (5).

I have all of the current Fast Forces set but I am still missing the AVX – X-Men starter. I still need the older larger figures - Spectre, two Fooms, and both of the Phoenixes as well as the original Manhattan and Galactus but have been picking up a lot of the new individual bigger figures and sets.

I have picked up a few boosters from various sets, and a bit of the gravity feed sets but Neca has churned out another 7 sets in 2013, 5 sets in 2014, and 4 sets in 2015. They do seem to be calming down with the regular sets but they had 17 Fast Forces sets in that time as well as a bunch of special sets and gravity feeds. I am looking forward to the TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) set – I may have to get a brick of that when it comes out later this year.

Right now I need 1570 Heroclix figures. That is an astounding amount. But over half of that was in the last three years. 329 were added in 2013, 268 in 2014, and 257 in 2015. The sets were pretty evenly distributed between Marvel and DC with 9 new Marvel sets and 7 new DC sets. I now need 877 Marvel figures and 693 DC figures. My REV total is now 1190 and my Unique/SuperRare total is 331 plus 36 Giant figures and 13 Team bases. The more interesting number is that I only need 78 WizKids figures (42 REV and 36 Uniques) and 1492 Neca figures (1148 REV and 295 Super Rares).

With Strikezone no longer carrying figures before the additions of cards (Avengers and Justice League) from 2007 and the dollar doing poorly, I’m not sure how much I will be able to work away at these. I’d like to finish another 4 WizKids sets and maybe 2 Neca sets as well as keep up with the Fast Forces sets. I also just got an email from Miniature Market saying that they are blowing out all of their Heroclix so there goes another source.

I was also able to get the Monsterpocalypse Voltron set, and a lot of the 40K codices. I might try to complete some of the Monsterpocalypse figures I am missing. I will have to see if some of the local places have any of the pre-Neca figures to help complete those sets otherwise I might have to go back to checking ebay.

No comments: