Friday, August 21, 2009

New Space Hulk!

Games Workshop is releasing a new version of Space Hulk. Space Hulk is how they sucked me into Warhammer 40K (or as it was known back then - Rogue Trader) in the first place. A bunch of us each picked one of the boxed sets – Blood Bowl, Dark Future, and Space Hulk. I was the one who got Space Hulk. I eventually ended up picking up the others as well.
Space Hulk was reminiscent of the movie Aliens – Marines in power armor fighting Aliens in a shadowy Space Hulk. It was fast based and I still find it fun to play. The figures were fairly nice for the time – the terminators are a bit blocky now, but the genestealers still are great figures.

I got all the extra sets – Deathwing, Genestealer, and the Campaign book. I used to use all the extra tiles to make a huge map and run a game with up to eight players at conventions. When the second edition came out I didn’t get it. I didn’t like some of the rule changes but did love the new terminator models.

The new set is a limited edition. I wouldn’t mind getting it but I probably won’t be able to get it before it sells through. It’s on my list but so are my White Dwarf renewal, the new 40K boxed set, LOTR Battle of Five Armies set, the new Warhammer boxed set, and the Apocalypse rules.

No comments: