Monday, September 8, 2008

Heath Care

People always complain about the healthcare system – about how long they have to wait to see a doctor – but I’ve never found that to be the case. Of course, I do understand the triage system – where certain types of injuries and illnesses come before others.

Case in point – a few weeks ago I finally listened to my wife and went in to the walk-in clinic to have my cough looked at. I had a dry cough for over a week followed by 2 weeks of a moist cough; with my ear starting to plug on the last week.
I went in on a Saturday morning. The waiting room was about half full, and I waited about 1 hour to see a doctor. For my symptoms, this seemed more than reasonable.

Turns out I had more than a cold – I actually had a touch of Bronchitis, or consumption as my wife calls it. A quick course of antibiotics, and I do mean quick – 6 pills, 2 to start and 1 a day for the next four days – and I was mostly better.

No comments: