Monday, June 2, 2008

magnets

Walmart has some of the small Magnetix sets (20 pieces) on clearance for $1.96. With a few kids swallowing the magnets they have reworked the connectors. I bought a bunch of the sets and have removed the magnets from 3 sets – giving me 72 of the mini NIB magnets (Neodymium Iron Boron).


This wasn’t an easy task. To remove these took 4 hours of work with a pair of pliers while watching TV.

However, now that they are out, I can use them for models. A number of people use them for attaching the various weapon variations to 40K tank models. These should prove to be helpful. Since the other magnets I can get are 8 for about $2-$3 they work out to about 25-38 cents each while these work out to about 8 cents each. Of course, I don’t have to remove those first.




Should I get around to making the Warhound or get into 40K tanks, these should prove invaluable for modding and make it easier to transport them.

No comments: