Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fort Apache?

We got another flyer with the paper today. In it, there is a cowboy fort playset with 190 pieces for $10. In sifting my room, I have found an old set I had picked up a couple of decades ago for cowboy miniature games which I still have to test for paintability. With the Rules With No Name and Gold Rush games I’m looking at, it caught my eye for more figures. I did a search online to try and find out what it might contain and came across this site: http://www.thortrains.net/armymen/armymen1.htm . It has a lot of the classic army men sets from over the years. Some look familiar – like some of the astronauts from my youth in the 70s. The cowboy and Indians as well as some of the army figures bring back memories. Most of my old ones got chewed on and tossed out over the years but I do have a few of them somewhere. I think I will pop down and take a look at the playset on Friday when I am off. I might be able to get something done with it while I’m off next week. For that price, if the figures are good, I might even get two for the wagons and extra bits.

No comments: