Wednesday, December 17, 2008

KB Toys back to bankruptcy

I found out today that KB Toys is going back into Chapter 11. It had done so in 2005 and they closed the two closest stores to us at that point – the ones in Grand Forks and Fargo, as well as the one at the Mall of America. Since then, the KB Toy Outlet in Albertville has been much more like a regular KB Toys and less like the super place it was when I bought a trunk full of model kits for $1 - $5 each (Star Wars, Star Trek, Armageddon, and Lost In Space kits. I had to open the boxes and repack kits together to fit them with our luggage).

I will miss them. They were one of the few true toy chains I had encountered. Toys R Us has made Babies R Us a big part of their store, and I still miss the Suncoasts and really miss the Media Play.

No comments: