Monday, May 20, 2019

Goonies birthday

For my wife’s fiftieth birthday a few year ago, we did a Goonies-themed party. She was a big Goonies fan, so we made invitations based on the map, had a table piled up with treasure, and I gave her a replica metal coin like the one used in the movie as well as some newspapers from the Goonies reunions in Aurora, and I have since gotten her a replica metal skull key.

Using pictures of the map, I did the Mad-magazine fold first and drew the two sides of the coin.

Then I opened the paper and drew the rest of the map. I modified the wording with our address and date of the party. I weathered it using some tea. This I sent out as the invitations.

On the back of the map, I replaced the musical notes with the notes for Happy Birthday. I’m not sure anyone noticed, but I thought it was a nice touch.

For One-Eyed Willy’s treasure pile, we bought a bunch of plastic coins, as well as some actual Chinese coins for the stacks. We bought a bunch of gems from Dollarama, and used some pirate weapons from the kid’s Tickle Trunk.

No comments: