Sunday, April 28, 2019

Low High-Density Lipoproteins

Back in October, I had gone to the doctor for my annual tune-up. My blood pressure was fine, and my LDL cholesterol levels were fine, but my HDL cholesterol levels were low. As this seems to be a major precursor to heart issues, she was concerned.

So she scheduled me back for 6 months to check again. I've been a bit more active but haven't made drastic changes in my diet. My weight doesn't really seem to change. I still seem to be in the 170 to 175 range with occasional spikes up near 180 for holidays.

After 6 months of this, my HDLs haven't really increased. In fact, they have actually deceased slightly. This concerns my doctor even more. It seems that I will need to take this a lot more seriously. Now that the snow has melted, I'm going to need to get out there and move a lot more, and reach for apples instead of chips more often.

No comments: