Friday, August 10, 2018

Osprey Wargame Series

I’ve picked up a few more books from Osprey. They have been doing a Wargame series with small rules for skirmish games. They also numbered the books, so I feel compelled to get them all. Some are quite good. I do hope to be able to give a bunch of them a try. With the extra Heroclix and Arcane Legions sets, I should have enough figures to try out a bunch of them.
I just picked up Broken Legions – skirmish rules for Roman warbands, and Poseidon’s Warriors – ancients ship battles. They both look pretty good.

Their newest hardcover set thought is Last Days Zombie Apocalypse. It is by Ash Baker from Guerilla Miniature Games, which is a youtube channel I found when looking for playthroughs of the Batman Miniature game. He’s from Ontario and used to work for Game’s Workshop. He seems to have a pretty good attitude about games and is fun to watch.
His game looks like it will be good to try. I will see if I can get it to the table sooner rather than later.

No comments: