Thursday, May 26, 2011

Game Day

Some friends had a games day on the holiday Monday. They invited us and two other couples over to play some games. While some played some longer games we banged out a bunch of the smaller games - most of which we hadn't played. At the smaller table, we sat down with Lee, G, and another daughter of one of the friends.

We started with a couple of quick rounds of Toss Up. I've played it before but we like it. It's quick and simple. Of the two games we played I won one.

We followed up with Scrabble Slam. It's another simple game. Of the two games played I won one.

Next we played two games of Feed The Kitty. It belongs to the friend's daughter but is simple and fun. The nice thing about it is that when you are out, you still have a chance to get back into the game. I won one of the two games.

We played a game of Uno Junior and one game of Zombie Dice. After these the kids went off to play and tried some of the newer games.

We tried Spooks. It takes a round to get used to the variations but it was fun. Of the three round played, I won the last two. We didn't try the Master rules but it is definitely one we'll be playing again.

We tried a game of Gloom, which I won. While it seems like a neat game, the cards are difficult to read and I suspect will get harder once they start to scuff. I won but Shan had been confused about the scoring - even though we had gone over it a few times. So we didn't play a second game.

While Lee went to make supper we switched around players and played another three games of Scrabble Slam - which I won another two. Then we played five quick games of Cthulhu Dice. While I only won one game, madness was had by all.

It was a fun day. With good friends and games played - we need to do this more often.

1 comment:

Lord Darth McIan said...

I agree 100 percent. It was an excellent time and I can't wait to do it again. We must do it again soon!!

Kudos to Garth & Lee for setting it up.