Thursday, October 23, 2008

Boo-at-the-Zoo test run



So we went to Boo-at-the-Zoo on Saturday. It was as much fun as always – the kids had a good time. G had wanted to test out the green hair spray I had gotten at Dollarama in case I decided to do a Joker. So we sprayed her hair that afternoon. She also wanted to spray mine. The hair spray makes your hair a bit crunchy – and G decided that she didn’t like it after all so she washed it all out. She also changed her mind about being zombies and decided at the last minute to go as a witch.
D3 wore his Clone trooper outfit – what we had done. I had to trim the bottom of his helmet so that he could see out of it and fix the Velcro that held it together. I had made the waist sections looser than they needed to be and they kept slipping down. His chest panel was also a bit flat on the sides and needed to be connected to the back.
He ended up wearing it about 1/4 of the time and then peeled out of it. She stayed in her costume for over half of it – until they made her take it off to go in the funhouse.


All-in-all, it held up pretty well. I’m working on the minor fixes and added the leg pieces. Since my hair was already green, I decided to go as a simple Joker after all.

No comments: