Monday, May 5, 2008

Sifting / movies

I’m back. Didn’t get a lot done on my list last week. I did fix the coffee table – which had been wobbly. The dusting of snow on Sunday prevented yardwork – like turning the garden.
I did start a sift of the boxes in my room. I pulled out most of the boxes and have rearranged them a bit and moved some around and have cleared 4 boxes so far. It may not sound like much but it’s almost a whole stack and will make it easier to get in and continue working away at it.

On the weekend we did catch two comic book movies. We finally saw Ghost Rider on TV. It was a fairly close adaptation of the series. They did use Dan’s costume with Johnny Blaze though. He’s always been a tough on as Johnny didn’t really have any major villains (mostly using his hellfire against thugs) and Dan mostly fought demons using the penance stare. Visually though, it did look quite good. A flaming skull is always a good image.

The other one we saw was Iron Man. This has easily moved to the top of my list of best comic book movie adaptations. Luckily, there’s still a war on, so his origin didn’t need to be tweaked too much. There were a few forgivable changes (electromagnet to keep fragments vs a pacemaker, and making Stane a business partner) but it very much was very true to the books I remember. I do miss Jarvis as a British butler but I can understand him being changed to make him look like less of a Bruce Wayne copy.
All-in-all, a great adaptation. Plus the SHIELD (with upgraded acronym) and Ultimate Fury cameo were very cool. The other neat thing, his big energy device is basically a Tesla coil – I’m into my second Telsa book so it’s apparent.

No comments: