Saturday, May 19, 2007

Keycon

I was off Thursday as I had worked the previous Saturday - my job's like that. I'm off this week, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get in here.

I've already crossed off two chores from my list for holidays. I finished turning over the garden for the wife, and I finished getting the pool ready. When we moved into the house a few years ago, there was a 16'x30' aboveground pool in the back yard. It was old when we moved in - I had to patch it every year. Last year it finally gave up. I had to dig it out (that was a fun couple of weeks) and we put in an inflatable 18' round pool. We've been filling it for the year and I finally finished hooking up the filter again. Now we just need the weather to warm up again.

We popped into Keycon this afternoon. Keycon is the local Science Fiction convention. I'll muse more about it at a later date. We saw JP and Jamie, as well as the Barnsons. We also ran into a few old faces. We didn't get memberships again this year but the dealer's room is open to all. We narrowly avoided picking up some games, but picked up some books.

David

No comments: